Have you ever noticed that the majority of websites lose their attractiveness a few months after their opening? Yes, it happens with 80% of Internet resources around the world. The guilt in this is not design or content. The main reason is the lack of qualified support for the site. The laborious process of creating a site is already completed! However, it is not enough just to create a site and leave it unattended – any Internet resource needs care. Since usually if you do not care about the support of the Internet resource, the money invested in it, time and effort will be wasted, and your site will quickly lose its high position in search engines. So you doom your own Internet project, if not for the final failure, then for a miserable lifeless existence. For the proper existence of websites a necessary condition is an element of information support.
If eyes are windows to the soul, then websites are windows to your business.
We believe that making a website is not a one time affair; it’s a lifelong commitment…
A website needs to be treated in the same way that anyone takes care of their business, health, house or car. For the sake of this article, let’s compare them to a car. Your car needs proper monthly maintenance to ensure that it’ll get you where you want. You bought it, and now you must keep it well-maintained and attractive, so it’s always up and running.
Our team of content management and support professionals know exactly how to help you. We deploy resources so that you get more out of your Web Asset creation investment
- Dedicated Webmaster
- Website Features
- Hosting Terms
- Professional Web Designer
- Search Engine Optimization
- Dedicated Webmaster
A dedicated webmaster is someone who handles ongoing website changes and updates for you.
Dedicated webmaster services that you should familiarize yourself with so you understand what you’re actually getting.
“Updated for you”
Your webmaster will take care of all your website changes, updates and edits for you.
Unlike DIY services that provide support forums or talk you through issues, a dedicated webmaster will typically handle any troubleshooting issue for you.
“No downtime during updates”
Your website will remain online, view-able, and use-able while changes are being performed on it.
Your website will need maintenance to make sure it’s speedy, optimized and working properly.
A good webmaster will make sure that your website is compliant with Google and other major search engines.
2. Website Features
Website features are the functions, services, or benefits that come with a website or a website service.
Website features and services that you should familiarize yourself with so you understand what you’re actually getting.
A shopping cart is what e-commerce sounds like – it’s a function on the website that lets a customer add one of your products to a virtual basket while they continue to look at more products until they’re ready to check out.
A blog will help you keep your customers up to date with news, press releases, specials, sales, your opinion and more.
A newsletter signup box is an area or field on your website that allows customers or fans of your website to sign up for your email newsletter.
A website form is similar to a form you’d fill out in person. A website form offers different fields (such as name, email address, message) that people can enter information into and then send to you.
3. Hosting Terms
A website host is a company that provides space on a server for website files by providing internet connectivity to those files.
Website hosting features and services that you should familiarize yourself with so you understand what you’re actually getting.
Storage allows your website to store files such as images, text, PDFs, videos, music and other files.
The more bandwidth you have, the more website data your visitors will be able to view. The technical term we’re referencing here is a little backward – data sent to your visitors; what this means in layman’s terms is “visitors requesting data;” and by requesting data, we mean visiting your site.
It simply refers to the amount of time your website is “up” or “online.”
What is an SSL? SSL stands for “Secure Sockets Layer.” SSL is a security technology that’s widely used for establishing encrypted connections between a server and client.
- Professional Web Designer
A “professional” web designer can build you a site that looks just as good on the inside as it does on the outside as long as they’re using the proper tools.
Below are some terms that you should familiarize yourself with so you understand what you’re actually getting.
“CMS (Content Management System)”
A content management system (CMS) is a computer application or piece of software that allows website publishing, edits, modification, organization, deletions, and content maintenance from a central interface.
A website platform is a group of technologies that is used as a base upon which other applications, processes or technologies are developed.
“Responsive Design (Mobile Design)”
Responsive design is a web design approach that makes use of flexible layouts, flexible images and cascading style sheet queries. In other words, it’s a design technique that allows a website to shape-shift and adjust it’s layout and size to best fit whatever screen size is trying to view it.
It is what it sounds like. No matter how big or small your company is, you’d be surprised who’s at risk of viruses, malware, brute force attacks and other nasty internet realities.
- Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines.
Benefits of Maintenance Services for Your Business Website
List of website maintenance tasks that will be taken care of by our team:
- Check that all of your pages are loading without errors
- Run a backup and make sure a previous version of your site is stored
- Make updates to website software and plug-ins
- Check that all of your forms are running properly
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts
- Check your pages to see if there are any broken links
- Search for 404 errors and fix or redirect
- Write one or more blog posts to keep your community engaged and encourage SEO traffic.
- Check the load speed of your website and ensure that nothing is bogging it down
- Review your security scans and make sure nothing is out of place
- Analyze website statistics from the previous month
- Check your blog to see if there are any articles that could be updated
- Review your website design and structure – can be it improved?
- Check graphics and images – should anything be updated?
- Review SEO and meta titles and descriptions to ensure they are as effective as possible
- Test and tweak popups, forms, and calls to action
- Review your workload for efficiencies to see if anything can be automated
- Test your website on all devices and browsers to see if it displays correctly
- Review advertising and marketing campaigns to see if anything needs to be changed or updated.
- Restore a previous version of the website to check your backup health
- Update any reference to the current year
- Review each page for content accuracy, grammar, typos, and relevancy
- Check any active email addresses and see if any are excessive and can be deleted
- Ensure that your website domain name is renewed
- Consider whether a website design update is due
14. Review all of your top performing blog articles and see if they can be updated with new content
If you have questions, we have solutions!
Don’t see the Q&A you’re looking for? No problem. Contact us and we’ll be happy to discuss your website management questions. You can email, chat or call us: +9266665962
How long will it take to complete my request?
What if I don’t have requests every month?
Do you handle website security and maintenance?
How should I send my list of website changes?
How can I use my monthly hour?
Do I have to sign a contract?
Can I cancel my services anytime?
Do you manage any kind of website?
How do I access and view the website request tool on my site?
Will the website request tool work on my phone?
Will the website request tool slow down or affect my site?
Do I give up any rights or control when you manage my website?
Can you guys redesign my website for me?
With our innovative low-cost web support approach, WP Website Agency help team can solve issues for both large and small websites at affordable prices.
Let’s discuss your project in detail.